Grade 11, The YMCA Academy
The A Collective. Artist in collaboration with Dr. Erin Manning (Relational Art and Philosophy, Concordia University); Professor Liz Brockest (Disability Studies, George Brown College); Chris Martin, (Unrestricted Interest - poetry); Ellen Bleiwas (artist); Jessamyn Polson (M.A. Education and Indigenous Studies); Eva Kolzce, (Filmmaker), Estée Klar (PhD Candidate, Neurodiversity and Relation, artist/curator). Other participants not here named.
SELECT FILM PROJECTS/PODCASTS
2018 - Present
Inter⸳Views. Podcast located on Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/awolfond
2016 - 2017
The Walking Man Series. A series of digital shorts made in collaboration with Adam Wolfond exploring autism and movement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3NVxHbeYvg
Autism to Inclusion. Collaboration with Estée Klar. Digital Short for Project Revision, 5 minutes. University of Guelph/Brandon University https://vimeo.com/195321753
The Aspects of Talking and How I’m Like Moses. Documentary Project, 15 minutes. Shown at the ReelAbilities Film Festival in May 2017. This film is circulated annually through the School System and was shown at The ReelAbilities Film Festival.
SELECT LECTURES, CONFERENCES + PUBLICATIONS
- Tall Ideas. Selected poem for publication. Poem a Day. The Academy of American Poets. Poets.org.
- (forthcoming). Like Water I Am. Poetry Chapbook. Unrestricted Interest.
- Techniques for Neurodiversity, SenseLab, Concordia University with Estée Klar and Dr. Erin Manning.
- Neurodiversity in Relation: an artistic intraethnography. PhD Dissertation Collaborator with Estée Klar (in progress).
- Neurodiversity and Intraethnography. Seneca College. Class Lecture with Dr. Nancy Le Monica.
Relationshapes: An artistic project that intra-acts collaboration with autistic experience. Diversity in Diversity. Inflexions. Concordia University http://inflexions.org/diversityindiversity/relationshapes.html
- ReelAbilities Film Festival. Artist Talk: The Aspects of Talking and How I’m Like Moses.
- Co-Presented with E. Klar. Collaborating with Autistic Experience: Enacting Ways of Support for Inclusion. Congress of the Social Sciences & Humanities, Ryerson University.
- Co-Presented with E. Klar. Collaborating With Autistic Experience: Enacting Support for Inclusion. For Dr. Nancy Viva Davis Halifax, Critical Disability Studies Overview, York University, Toronto.
- Co-Presented with E. Klar. Writing/Drawing Our Rhythm. For Dr. Nancy Le Monica. Creative Writing, Seneca College, King City.
- Keynote. Exploring shared communication and meaning. Autism Rocks Symposium, Newmarket Autism Association.
- Autism to Inclusion. For Dr. Anne McGuire. Disability and The Child. Department of Equity Studies, University of Toronto.
SELECT EXHIBITIONS + RESIDENCIES
(Forthcoming) Neurodiversity in Relation. Co-Exhibition with Estée Klar. Narwhal Gallery, Toronto.
- Open Studio Exhibition: The Walking Machine Series. The A School Collective.
- Collaborator. Relationshapes: Enacting Intraethnography for Inclusive Autism Pedagogy. Exhibition for Lives Outside the Lines: Gender and Genre in the Americas. A Symposium in Honour of Marlene Kadar, York University.
- Artist-In-Residence, ArtScape, Gibraltar Point.
- Artist-In-Residence/Researcher: SenseLab. Process Art and Philosophy, Concordia University.
- Autism to Inclusion. For Professors Liz Brockest and Fran Odette. George Brown College, Toronto.
2015 - 2016
Autism and Support. The A School, Toronto.
2016 + 2017
Leader-In-Training. Camp Robinhood
The Lev Award. Ve’ahavta.DF